5 Ways to Maximize Your Study Abroad Experience
1. Make sure to do your preparations thoroughly and well in advance. In spite of how much fun it sounds, adapting to a new place with its own unique culture in addition to studying or working full-time is a really tough challenge.
2. Stay strong and always remember what your aim is for studying abroad.
3. Make the most of your time abroad and balance your time between academic or professional responsibilities and fun activities.
4. Remember only a small percentage of people have the opportunity to enroll in study abroad programs, and it thus greatly increases your chances for a brighter future.
5. Take part in local activities. It's also important as it will provide you with insight into the culture as well as opportunities to widen your network.